This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
• New Book by Graeme Codrington & Keith Coats: Thinking Like a Futurist.
Thinking like a futurist means intentionally building the capacity to see and understand the implications and meaning of change. Here’s a quick video where the authors share some of what they’re most excited about for their new book launching in Q1 2024. Read more in this week’s insights where they share some topics the book will cover.
• Why ‘Good Enough’ Won’t Cut It – Are you tired of settling for “good enough” in various aspects of your life? In this video, Buhle dives deep into the common trap of settling for “good enough.” He challenges the mindset that keeps us in a cycle of mediocrity.
Discover the importance of setting higher standards and going beyond the norm, as we share insights on how to break free from the mundane and reach for greatness every single day.
• ThrowForward Thursday: EV Batteries – This is the first instalment of Graeme’s mini-series exploring the future of energy. Over the next few weeks, he’ll be releasing a number of videos, delving into various aspects of this vital topic. The future is electric. And it is very smart. Watch this week’s episode here.
• We’re experiencing a seismic transformation in the way we work — an evolution shaped by technological advancements and changing societal norms. In this next phase, work will be defined by its adaptability, technological integration, flexibility, and collaborative spirit.
Moreover, it will take a holistic view, considering not just productivity, but also the well-being of individuals and the broader societal impact of the work we’re doing. Those who harness these forces will unlock new realms of productivity and creativity, while those who resist will risk becoming relics of a bygone era. Read more in this article and explore 4 forces that are fundamentally changing how we work.
• Leading in a Changing World – Thriving in the uncertain and volatile future demands that adaptive intelligence is both understood and is part of the leadership and organisational ‘DNA’.
Leading in a Changing World is a motivational keynote designed to frame the leadership agenda as well as provide a practical overview of what it takes to be a ‘future-fit’ leader. This keynote (and book) frames the shifting global context – what is changing and why, before uncovering what leaders need to know, do and be in order to lead confidently and effectively in this ever-changing context.
You’re welcome to contact us for more information on how we can help your team face the future with confidence.