This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
• In this article, Buhle Dlamini identifies 5 key shifts that will define leadership success in this era of disruption: from harnessing groundbreaking technologies to navigating institutional change, understanding evolving demographics, embracing eco-conscious business practices, and aligning with shifting societal values. Read more here.
Buhle will be in South Africa in February and March, so if you’re looking for a way to lead your team into the new year with ease and confidence, this would be a great keynote. Contact us to explore how you can thrive in the face of change.
• Rapid use of Generative AI, the emergence of a new blended workforce of humans and digital workers and increasing employee fear of being obsolete (FOBO), together prove what Intel co-founder Gordon Moore (and the author of Moore’s Law) said, at any given point in time, “change has never been this fast and will never be this slow ever again.”
Resiliency, agility, and adopting a “test and learn approach” will mark the winning strategies for 2024. You can read the top ten suggestions from Forbes here as to what you should include on your HR roadmap for 2024.
• Join Jude Foulston from Future Smart Parent, International Conscious Discipline® Certified Instructor and Connection Coach, Mandy Herold and Online Safety Expert and Mom on a Mission, Kate Farina for their Modern Parenting (Re) Boot Camp, where they will provide real tools, solutions, and the space, to explore your unique frustrations and challenges from being a parent straddling the offline and online worlds.
This bootcamp is hosted online, for 4 evenings in February and the investment of just R1250 gives access to all caregivers in your family (parents, grandparents, au pairs etc.) to gain:
- Knowledge: access key resources and tools to manage your children on their devices.
- Confidence: be your child’s best parent rather than their best friend.
- Support: share and solve your challenges and frustration in weekly 1 hour online group session.
- Peace of mind: reduce your anxiety around tech use (or misuse!)
- Joy: get your precious family time back!
Sign up here for their early bird price of just R1250 to attend the full bootcamp.
• In our latest Throw Forward Thursday video, you can go with Graeme to January 2026, when a major company announces a new reward system for the senior Executives: part of their bonus depends on how well they sleep each night. That’s right: their sleep will be measured, and they’ll be rewarded you if they do it well.
The science is pretty clear: sleep is one of the most important factors in clear thinking, regulated emotions, good decision making, ethical judgements, strategic thinking, and actually almost everything that makes a good leader good. So, why wouldn’t we insist that good leaders get good sleep? Graeme thinks we should. He thinks we will. Soon.
Graeme is passionate about helping organisations getting the BEST out of the people rather than just the MOST. You’re welcome to speak to us for more ideas if you don’t want to wait for future videos! Watch it now.
(If you’re a member of the Graeme Codrington Futures Club you will also have access to the discussion guide for this Throw Forward Thursday Episode that has been created to help members to use this resource with their teams for further discussions on how to get the BEST out of our people, not just the MOST.)
You’re welcome to join Graeme’s Futures Club here to access this, and other resources, for just $7 a month.
• Graeme joined Gareth Cliff on Cliff Central this week and spoke about local and global politics, remote work, where the workplace is headed in 2024, how we can make technology work better for us, ChatGPT, education and what we should be leaving behind in 2023. You can listen to the full episode here.
You’re welcome to contact us for more information on how we can help your team face the future with confidence.