My top 5 reads on the future world of work this past week have been the following:
- A bit of self promotion first: Our new book was launched this past week, “Leading in a Changing World”. You can get the first chapter for free here.
- Seth Godin: Overcoming the extraction mindset
- Aspirational parents condemn their children to a desperate, joyless life – always controversial, mainly provocative, an interesting read (which I don’t entirely endorse) for parents by George Monbiot. Sub-titled: Surrender your freedom, avoid daylight, live to work, and you too could join a toxic, paranoid elite
- The Wall Street Journal: “How to Make the Most of Longer Lives“. Scientists are pushing to extend our lifespans. But are we ready to fill all those added days?
- Mary Meeker’s latest Internet Trends report
And a bonus link for you today is a 20 minute video/webinar that I participated in. Hosted by ADP and CityAM, it is about “Tomorrow’s Technology is Here“. Free sign up required in order to watch video.