Each week, I list my top 5 articles, websites, blogs or online resources of the past seven days. These are not always brand new items on the Net – some come from a few months or years back, but they have been an influence on my thinking about the future of work during the past week. Here is my list for this week. Feel free to share, and add your comments below:
- Tomorrow’s Work: Why Yesterday’s Expectations Are Ruining Today’s Future – a 13 minute TED-type video (with a few extra minutes of Q&A) by Ben Hammersley on the way we use technology in our offices today. A thought provoking video to share with your team and discuss.
- Decluttering the company: Businesses must fight a relentless battle against bureaucracy – on a similar theme to the above video. This is the Schumpeter column from The Economist.
- 22 Top CEOs Reveal Their Favorite Books (Infographic) – I think some of these are a bit pretentious, but an interesting list
- The future of business: Human resources. How HR leaders are reinventing their roles and transforming businesses, by The Economist Intelligence Unit
- 15 Ways The World Will Be Awesome In 2050