Leadership Under Pressure
Your are invited to an inspiring event with five international speakers from the world of sport and business, focusing on the necessary mindsets needed for doing business in tomorrow’s world.
The events will take place on the evenings of 26 March in Manchester and 27 March in London, UK, and are hosted by MPI. Click here to make a booking.
We have never had to do business in more uncertain and turbulent times than we face right now. Leaders are being tested, business models stretched and many are struggling just to survive. And yet, some will thrive. In this uplifting, insightful and powerful workshop, you’ll hear from five top international speakers about what it takes to be successful in tomorrow’s world. They’ll show you key insights from the worlds of sport, personal branding and research into the innovative edges of the business world. You’ll leave energized and equipped to face tomorrow’s world with confidence.
Gary Bailey – Leading Under Pressure
Gary uses his experience playing under intense pressure as a goalkeeper for 10 years for Manchester United (he was blamed for losing the 1979 FA cup final!) and England (World Cup 86) to illustrate how to cope with pressure, and how to raise leadership performance levels. He has learnt from his former manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, who is widely regarded as one of the greatest sports leaders of all time, and Gary also uses his MBA training from Henley along with the latest world research to add a different perspective to leadership. All this content comes with loads of humour as well as clips of Gary losing and winning FA Cup finals, and it all results in great take home value for delegates as he illustrates how you can:
- Learn how to cope with pressure at the highest levels
- Develop skills to keep performance at its peak in stressful situations
- Find out how to recover quickly when you lose badly
- Apply the lessons from leadership in sport to business
Graeme Codrington (live in Manchester) and Dean van Leeuwen (live in London) – Facing the Future: How to give effective leadership by understanding the disruptive forces changing the world of work right now.
Graeme and Dean are co-founders of the international research company, TomorrowToday Ltd. Their team tracks global business trends, identifying the disruptive forces that are shaping the new world of work. They believe that we’re not just experiencing an economic downturn – a new era is emerging, where new rules for success and failure are being written. In order to be successful – as an organisation and as an individual – you need to have a clear view of the forces that are causing this deep structural change, and how these mega trends will shape the world of work in the next decade. In their engaging, humorous and multi-media driven presentations, they will share their research team’s insights into the five disruptive forces shaping our world right now, and how we should respond. They’ll highlight both the threats and opportunities this new world of work will unlock for you and your team.
Their session will be different, as they demonstrate an innovative, interactive use of video and live presentations intertwined in one combined keynote session, as they answer your questions about the future:
- What are the new rules for success and failure?
- What are the mega trends?
- How are the five disruptive forces causing deep structural change?
- What will the world of work look like in the next decade?
- What are the threats and opportunities this new world of work will unlock for you and your team?
Lesley Everett – Leading from the heart of an authentic brand
Lesley is regarded as an international leading authority on personal branding and visible leadership. Her proven Walking TALL methodology and messages have inspired world audiences for over 13 years. Lesley will demonstrate how it is critical in tomorrow’s business world to lead, influence and inspire from a position of authenticity and visibility based on an impactful personal brand message and reputation. She will share her 7 point process for building your brand and sustaining it in a competitive business world.
- Learn why it is critical in tomorrow’s business world to lead, influence and inspire from a position of authenticity and visibility
- Develop your own impactful personal brand message and reputation
- Find out about the Walking TALL methodology and how it can inspire you
- Discuss the 7 point process for building your brand and sustaining it in a competitive business world.
Roel Frissen is Managing Director at Parthen, in Amsterdam.
Roel Frissen is MD at Parthen, a highly successful meeting services company based in Amstrerdam. He is also a major player in MPI having been President of the Dutch Chapter for the last 3 years and is now a member of the international board of directors (IBOD). He will lead into the subject matter of “leadership” with an example from his own experience of being involved with MPI.
- Link the leadership lessons from sport and volunteering to the fast changing business world of today
- Illustrate how you can simplify the complexities to provide real leadership in your life and work
- Demonstrate the great opportunities for developing leadership skills in volunteer organisations
Manchester : 26th March 2012 6.00pm
London : 27th March 2012 6.00pm
Manchester : Marriott Victoria & Albert Hotel
London : Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth, Gt Russell St.
MPI members £30 + VAT (£10 discount for the first 10 member tickets sold)
Non Members £50 +VAT
ISES members £40 +VAT
MPI Student Members £15 + VAT