This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
• Shoutout to all the AMAZING parents out there! Balancing offline and online parenting is no easy feat. That’s why Jude Foulston from Future Smart Parent, International Conscious Discipline® Certified Instructor and Connection Coach, Mandy Herold and Online Safety Expert and Mom on a Mission, Kate Farina are hosting a 4-week Modern Parenting (Re)Boot Camp this February – a safe space to share tools, solutions, and discuss the unique challenges of straddling both worlds.
🚀 Your ticket, of just R1450 for the 4 sessions, covers co-parents, guardians, and even au pairs! Let’s tackle this modern parenting journey together.
Are you ready for a perspective shift? Join us here.
• Graeme highlights a brilliant Harvard Business Review article published just two weeks ago by fellow futurist, Prof. Amy Webb. In the article, Amy says: “Which is better? The ability to see the future, or the ability to create and execute the right strategy? There is a clear answer: [both]. Strategy and foresight were once the same discipline. And they should be again.” We couldn’t agree more. Read more here.
If you’d like more information about our Futurist’s Toolkit, the presentations, workshops and resources we have available to help you build strategic foresight and imagination into your people and teams, please contact us and set up an obligation-free chat with one of our team.
• In a world where authenticity often takes a back seat, there’s immense power in embracing who you are professionally. Our latest video by Buhle Dlamini, “Unleash Your Greatness: Embrace Who You Be | The Power of Authenticity,” explores how finding your unique distinction is the key to standing out in your career. (He also had a recent conversation with Jude over at the Future Smart Parent podcast on Raising Greatness using the 5 key points from his Unleashing your Greatness keynote presentation.
A reminder that Buhle will be in South Africa for some of February and March 2024, but his diary is filling up quickly. Chat with us about booking him for his Unleashing Your Greatness keynote.
• Step into the year 2042 with Graeme Codrington in this week’s episode of ThrowForward Thursday! He dives into the heart of capitalism and its often overlooked contradiction with democracy, specifically within the workplace. Could a democratically chosen manager be the key to a stronger, more engaged business?
Graeme believes that this is one of the keys to building the organisation of the future. We hope this video gets you thinking about ways you can change and improve your workplace today. Watch it now.
• Our team is a huge fan of Adam Grant’s book, “Think Again”. Graeme has just dipped into his notes from reading it a few years ago in preparation for a client session on Rethinking and Unlearning, and the practical suggestions are really brilliant. Here are the ten that Graeme is using in his workshop with a client later this week.
You’re welcome to contact us for more information on how we can help your team face the future with confidence.