This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
• Discover our weekly article on Grey Elephant #6: Multipolarity, which outlines the importance of being ready to navigate the ever-changing business environment. Read the full article here and gain insights into why it is crucial for companies to strategise for geopolitical unpredictability and worldwide rebalancing.
• Managing the forces of fragmentation: Not so long ago, tech leaders were looking forward to a future where a global IT architecture on scalable cloud infrastructures would provide their companies with a full array of technology services efficiently, at scale, and at low cost. The forces of fragmentation require a new global IT architecture and operating model that is modular, standardized, and configurable to support local differentiation. Read more in this Mckinsey article on how IT can balance local needs and global efficiency in a multipolar world.
• Taking the time to think strategically can be challenging in today’s fast-paced world. Time demands are constant, and taking a long-term view can be difficult. For success, however, strategic thinking is essential. After all, it consists of clearly defining your goals, developing a plan for achieving them, and making decisions that will advance you toward them. Read the full article here, by Entrepreneur, on Finding the Time to Think Strategically.
• Business Unusual: Cultural Intelligence as an asset to be nurtured. Listen to Buhle’s interview on Business Unusual on 702 with Bruce Whitfield all about diversity and leading difference differently.
• Antifragility in Life and Work at the Future Leaders Forum: Listen to Graeme’s short video on Antifragility. Here he invites you to join him at a special masterclass on Antifragile leaders and organisations, as part of the John Maxwell Future Leaders Forum at the Palazzo Versace Hotel in Dubai on 30 November 2023.
You’re welcome to contact us for more information on how we can help your team face the future with confidence.