This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
● Unleashing Team Greatness: The Power of Values – Values are the foundation for greatness in any field. Values, when fully embedded into our ethos, shape our behaviours in profound and remarkable ways that make it impossible to ignore. Values don’t only make individuals great but can help whole teams and organisations unleash their greatness as well. Read this article from Buhle Dlamini on how to Unleash Team Greatness.
Buhle Dlamini speaks globally to teams on “Unleashing Your Greatness” to inspire them with keys to set themselves apart in a crowded marketplace. Unleashing Your Greatness has been utilised by multinational corporations and organisations all over the world with raving reviews. This presentation is based on his book by the same name.
Buhle will be in South Africa from the 22nd September to the 10th October so connect with us about booking Buhle for your upcoming conference or event. Alternatively, he is available globally or virtually throughout the year.
• In his 2017 book, Hit Refresh, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella wrote that great leaders “recognize the true signal within a lot of noise” and act accordingly. Fast forward to 2023, and the torrent of trends, ideas, and information that leaders now face makes knowing what matters more difficult than ever. Read this article from McKinsey for advice from the world’s top CEOs about which trends will have the biggest impact on how they lead their business in 2023 compared with past years. Their answers suggest that three “true signals” matter most: digital disruption, the economy, and geopolitics.
• The team at TomorrowToday Global has identified 5 key ingredients of thriving teams that will help any leader and team member navigate these challenges. We need to examine how we measure productivity, how we motivate our staff – and ourselves – how we lead and manage teams, and how we think about the future of work. The five key ingredients to building a Healthy, Hybrid Team are Belonging, Mastery, Autonomy, Generosity and Purpose. Download this document, which provides a summary of our research findings, and specific applications to a hybrid working world.
• Onward, Forward – The Global Tiller – We’re proud to share the achievement of one of our partners, Philippe Lemonnier, Positive Disruptor and Leadership Consultant in Tahiti. His newsletter, The Global Tiller, written with journalist Hira Siddiqui, began as a pandemic project in April 2020. Little did Phillipe and Hira know that they would be able to publish 153 issues and have many more in the pipeline for our growing readers across the world. Recently, they were recognised for the contribution this newsletter has made in Oceania, exploring global issues and trends that impact our communities and our future as humanity. The mission of The Global Tiller is to help people navigate the complexity of our world, and their insights are always poignant and thought-provoking. Read the full article here.
• From Jobs to Skills: What the Future of Work will look like – According to the World Economic Forum’s 2023 Future of Jobs Report, 44 percent of worker skills will be disrupted over the next five years — with analytical skills, creative thinking, and technological literacy among those in the greatest demand. Read this article from Forbes and think about what might happen if you “focus on adding skills to your workforce.” You’ll be supporting your teams through their career development and assist in building adaptability – very important aspects of preparing for change and the future of work.
We’d love to have a conversation with you if any of the above topics resonate. Our team continues to help our clients around the world to prepare for tomorrow, today.