This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
• Unlocking Strategic Imagination – This conversation between Keith Coats and Graeme Codrington explores the critical skill sets required for future success, as identified by the United Nations’ jobs report. However, it goes beyond the conventional understanding of these skills and sheds light on what truly sets exceptional leaders apart: strategic imagination and the ability to rethink and unlearn traditional approaches. Read more and watch the full video here.
• How to help your direct reports achieve their goals… As we continue looking at employee engagement here are some tips on what you can do to boost your team’s engagement, morale, and motivation. Read more here.
• In this ThrowForward Thursday episode, Graeme looks at Astronomy and AI. He talks about how Astronomers gather an astounding amount of data every day (well, mainly at night) in the form of photographs, radio, audio, and spectral analysis from every part of the universe. You’ve no doubt seen the high-resolution photos! Watch this week’s video here.
• Transitions are nonlinear. When upward swings occur, compounding and exponential change quickly bring dramatic effects. This is encouraging when tackling big problems. Initially daunting, persistent efforts eventually yield sudden and transformative results.
This phenomenon is evident in various regions embracing alternative energy. For instance, in Europe, consumers were recently paid to use electricity. Read the full story here.
• One of the first questions we are asked during most Q&A sessions is “What does all of this change mean for our kids?” One of our team, Jude Foulston, decided to turn our answers into a dedicated forum for parents, Future Smart Parent. If you are a parent looking for resources and travel companion into the future, then check it out. Her Future Smart Parent podcast has just been awarded the number-one podcast for Moms in South Africa.
We’d love to have a conversation with you if any of the above topics resonate. Our team continues to help our clients around the world to prepare for tomorrow, today.