This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
- Buhle Dlamini’s most recent article talks about why leaders should care about employee engagement, and the emotional commitment and involvement employees have toward their work and organisation. You can read the full article here.
- Leadership and People – We are living through an era of unprecedented challenges and opportunities. The climate crisis, global health challenges, and changes in social values are upending individual priorities. In this recent McKinsey article, they share five leadership shifts that can unleash an era of sustainable, inclusive growth for companies looking to outperform in this era of disruption. Read more here.
- In Graeme’s recent ThrowForward Thursday episode he talks about how NASA’s experiment with DART in 2022 proved that we do have the capacity to redirect incoming asteroids, thus proving that we can use this approach to deal with future threatening asteroids. It’s a marvel of modern science, but it’s also a fantastic analogy for what businesses need to be doing with “worst case scenario” thinking. You can watch this episode here.
- Build a Strong Learning Culture on Your Team – With the nature of work changing so rapidly, it’s no longer enough just to offer employees opportunities for upskilling and reskilling. Companies also need to help workers become “expert learners”. In this article, learning-and-development expert James McKenna lays out some of these principles and offers advice to companies who want to make it possible for their employees to become expert learners. Read more here.
- Today is your last chance to secure your spot as a founding member of the Graeme Codrington Futures Club for just $7 monthly.
Stay at the forefront of emerging trends and disruptive technologies with exclusive access to Graeme Codrington’s expert analysis and thought-provoking content and live monthly webinars. The regular price for this level goes up to $27 per month after today, with our founding members paying just $7 monthly for as long as they stay a member.
We’d love to have a conversation with you if any of the above topics resonate. Our team continues to help our clients around the world to prepare for tomorrow, today.