This week’s combination of resources and articles offers insights and practical resources to help you equip yourself with the skill required in these disruptive times, as well as for the Future of Work.
- This week’s insights come from Dean van Leeuwen, whose insights on innovation are always poignant. Dean’s article on Bionic Organisations discusses what the future will look like as we integrate (or don’t) human capabilities with machine learning. You can read the full article here.
- There are different types of innovation. Innovation is not just invention. Dan Breznitz talks about the need to challenge our view of what innovation is and what it is not. In this TED talk, he dives into why we might not want to focus on the Silicon-Valley model of innovation and explore the alternatives instead – hint: your bicycle offers a good example. To achieve economic prosperity, we must expand our views and ideas about innovation to be able to identify the best growth strategy for our communities. You can watch it here.
- This Harvard Business Review article looks at how AI is changing business processes. The idea of business process reengineering is making a comeback, this time driven by artificial intelligence. In the 1990s, the implementation of enterprise resource planning systems and the internet allowed companies to make changes to broad business processes, but the expectations of the radical changes hoped for were often unfulfilled. However, AI enables better, faster and more automated decisions, allowing companies to improve efficiency and produce better outcomes. Read more here…
- In this week’s episode of ThrowForward Thursday Graeme dives into Part 2 of his video series on the Ocean Cleanup Project. This week’s in-depth insights are only available to members of Graeme Codrington’s Futures Club. Join the club and get access to more insights and resources from Graeme as well as in-depth videos on topics that are essential when we consider the future and our role in creating it. You can sign up here.
- ChatGPT for Parents Masterclass – Artificial Intelligence (AI) is quickly transforming the way we live and work, and the world that our children are growing up in. With the current buzz around AI with tools such as ChatGPT, it can all start to feel a little overwhelming for many of us parents, right?
Which is why the Future Smart Parent team hosted the following masterclass: Raising Future-Ready Kids: A Practical Guide for Parents on how to help your kids & teens learn how to use ChatGPT and other AI tools. Sign up for just $27 or join the Future Smart Parent club for just $7 and access the masterclass together with short weekly tutorials on how you, and your teens can learn to use ChatGPT. Find out more here.
We’d love to have a conversation with you if any of the above topics resonate. Our team continues to help our clients around the world to prepare for tomorrow, today.