We live in turbulent times – a moment in history when all the forces of change are combining to produce an era-changing period. The political, corporate, social and personal rules for success and failure are all being re-written. These forces will disrupt our organisations, and we need to ensure that our teams are prepared for what we are facing.
This workshop is a half or full-day immersion in the near future, with an in-depth look at the TIDES Model of Disruptive Change, developed by our team at TomorrowToday Global. The TIDES Model focuses on five key disruptive forces that are going to change the way we live and work in the next decade. The five forces are: Technology, Institutional change, Demographics, the Environment and shifting Societal values.
To survive and thrive in these uncertain times, it is essential that your whole team have an understanding of the forces that are re-shaping your industry’s landscape.
A guaranteed paradigm shaker, this powerful workshop overviews each of the trends, providing gripping examples, insightful case studies and powerful implications tailored for your business. Uncertainty is causing paralysis in many industries, and the antidote is not a crystal ball or bravado. Rather, it is the quiet confidence that can come with understanding the ebb and flow of key defining forces in the world outside your immediate industry.
The research being conducted by the Strategic Insights research team at TomorrowToday highlights five forces that will disrupt industries in the next decade. These are:
- Technology– recent advances in computing power, and a new generation of ‘digital natives’, have accelerated us into a true digital age. How we process information, is undergoing radical changes that will impact every industry and function. Companies and their leaders are being left behind, as they struggle to give up the illusion of control, and embrace new technologies.
- Institutional change – structural changes are affecting every industry and sector, from regulatory and globalised change, all the way down to shifts in the engagement of individuals.
- Demographics – ageing populations, falling fertility, generational divides, migration, the rising power of cities, and long term youth underemployment, are all critical, long-time and irreversible trends that will change how society operates. We have hardly begun to realise the implications of demographic shifts on our companies.
- Environment and Ethics – it is vitally important for almost every company to consider and anticipate the effects of both physical changes to the planet and its resources, as well as the political and social responses to these hot issues.
- Social values – if the four forces above do change the world, then it must be obvious, that what people consider to be the norm, as well as their expectations and desires, will change. We have already been living through three decades of significant social change, and much more is yet to come. Social unrest is likely to be a key, short-term consequence. But there are also many new threats and opportunities for your company, as the expectations and demands of your customers and staff change too.
The most successful companies in the next few years will be those that find ways to be strategically responsive. To do this, it is important that everyone, at every level of the organisation, has an understanding of the forces that will be shaping the next decade. Only then can they contribute meaningfully to your company’s success.
You can develop these insights through regular analysis of your environment, strategic conversations throughout your organisation, with all of your people, and helping each of them discover their personal role in achieving the company’s strategy. Their understanding of the strategic landscape is essential for problem solving, creativity, innovation and the proactive identification of opportunities and threats in your industry and market.
As a workshop, this programme includes well-researched insights into the near future, packaged together with key trends, relevant and interesting facts, case studies and multi-media clips, and lots of opportunity for discussion. This session will provide the context necessary for you to set a strategic agenda, which will ensure your success in the next decade. It has application for your organisation, your department and your personal career development.
It is a guaranteed paradigm shaker and conversation starter, as you and your team develop your strategies. The content challenges commonly held assumptions about business and how the world works. Tt invites strategic insights, understanding and discussion, and is laced with a practicality and a gently rebuking humour, that makes it immediately applicable and keeps participants thoroughly engaged throughout.