I am often asked to recommend resources for people who are wanting to keep an eye on the horizon and track future trends. Our team calls this “switching on the radar”. Here is a list of the blogs and people we recommend you follow. I’ll keep this updated, and ask you to add your recommendations in the comments below.
- Excuse us being a bit pariochal, and starting with a self reference: http://oldsite.tomorrowtodayglobal.com/blog
- http://www.thefutureofworkacademy.com – see especially: https://thefutureofworkacademy.com/start-here/paths/ and the Horizon scanning course.
- http://www.iftf.org/home/ – The Institute for the Future
- Shaping Tomorrow
- New Scientist – magazine, subscription required to get the most from this site
- http://gatehouseadvisorypartners.com/ – geopolitical analysis
- http://www.fluxtrends.com/ – retail and consumer trends
- http://fastfuturepublishing.com/main/ – some excellent books here
People (mainly Twitter accounts – follow from there to their blogs and websites)
- Pieter Geldenhuys: https://twitter.com/Petergeldenhuys
- Michio Kaku https://twitter.com/michiokaku
- James Canton https://twitter.com/futureguru
- Joi Ito https://twitter.com/Joi
- Ross Dawson https://twitter.com/rossdawson
- Jacob Morgan https://twitter.com/jacobm
- Future Megatrends https://twitter.com/trendsfm
- Gerd Leonhard https://twitter.com/gleonhard
- Rohit Talwar https://twitter.com/fastfuture
- Kevin Kelly https://twitter.com/kevin2kelly
- Ray Hammond: https://twitter.com/hammondfuturist
OK, that’s a good start. Who would you add to this list?