One of the channels our team follows religiously is Futurism. And their review of technology breakthroughs we’ve seen in 2017 is stunning. Well worth a read, and also watch the videos they provide and follow the links. See their full article here, or a brief summary below.
Top 7 Breakthroughs of 2017 That Prove We’re Living in the Future
In 2017, researchers turned science fiction into science fact – from developments in gene editing technologies, to improvements in artificial intelligence and quantum computing – this has certainly been a year full of breakthroughs. To that end, we’ve compiled a list of the most impactful developments this year that are pushing boundaries toward a brighter future.
1. Lamb in a bag: an artificial womb sustains life
2. Gene editing – an embryo has been edited
4. The LHC’s five new particles
5. Securing the future of quantum communication
6. SpaceX and an era of reusable rockets
7. Star system TRAPPIST-1 and finding Earth 2.0
By the way, just to prove their point, I created this entire blog post through voice recognition, without using a keyboard. Tomorrow’s world is here today.