- Audible – listen to your books if you can’t read, or battle to read. And listen to them speeded up to get through them faster. http://www.audible.com – the first month is free, thereafter it’s $14.95 per month, giving you 1 credit which is essentially 1 book per month.
- GetAbstract – get book summaries https://www.getabstract.com/en/subscribe/products – if you want to get all the business books, you’ll need a Pro account, which costs around $27 per month.
- The Future of Work Academy – get a book summary and discussion guide each month, plus full access to future of work resources and courses http://thefutureofworkacademy.com/ – $24 per month for full access, 30-day money back guarantee, so worth trying out.
If you are already a good reader, then all you need is recommendations. These come in many forms, and Google search will be your friend (click here). You can obviously specify a particular aspect of business, leadership, management, strategy or your particular function, industry or market that you’d like to look at.
Here are some of my favourite lists at the moment:
- New York Times Business Bestseller list: https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/business-books/ (note, that this list is just based on sales, not on recommendations)
- Fortune magazine: http://fortune.com/2016/12/23/business-books-2017/
- Inc magazine (mainly aimed at entrepreneurs): https://www.inc.com/marcel-schwantes/first-90-days-best-business-books-every-leader-must-read-in-2017.html
- McKinsey, What CEOs are reading: http://www.mckinsey.com/global-themes/leadership/what-ceos-are-reading-in-2017
- Stanford: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/insights/twelve-business-books-read-2017
- Business Insider, looking at Amazon’s top ten list of business books: http://uk.businessinsider.com/best-books-2017
And, of course, watch our blog at http://oldsite.tomorrowtodayglobal.com/blog for regular updates of these lists and our own recommendations.
Our most recent list is at http://oldsite.tomorrowtodayglobal.com/2017/03/21/tuesday-tip-read/
Good leaders read well. Make sure you do too.