What a wonderful way to end 2012: looking back at this marvellous year in technology. We really are living at the very beginning of a remarkable technological golden age. In the next few years, we are going to be astounded at some of the technologies that will emerge into our every day lives.
This list from BuzzFeed is a great way to remind ourselves of just how fast technology is progressing. Here are 27 things we thought we could only dream of that became reality in the past year. See the full write up, with many videos and pictures here.
The list includes:
- Discoveries of distant planets (with four suns)
- Robot exoskeletons
- Thought controlled prosthetics
- Flexible glass for computer displays
- Commercial space flights
- The blind can see and the deaf can hear
- The Higgs Boson is discovered
- Monkeys are properly artifically ‘created’
- 3-d printing of genetic material (bones printed from stem cells)
- Self-driving cars legal in three US States
- We reach the deepest known point in the ocean
- Invisibility cloak works
- GM silk is stronger than steel
- A robot navigates a complete obstacle course unaided
What would you add to this list?