Our research is uncovering some amazing demographic and economic predictions.:
- By 2050 global population growth will stabilize at around 9 billion people and then slowly start declining.
- The number of people living in cities will double during that period.
- 90% of the population growth will come from the developing world.
- China will become the largest economy around 2040
- The global economy stands to quadruple in size by 2050
- The world stands to become a very rich place.
Unfortunately even with unprecedented global economic growth, there will still be over 1.4 billion people living below the poverty line. These people mainly in Africa, have largely missed out on the benefits of globalisation due to bad government or civil wars. Their plight is desperate and something needs to be done to raise awareness and to change their lives.
My colleague Graeme Codrington recently committed to living “below the line”. For five days Graeme lived on less than £1 a day for food and drink. He raised over £2000 for this very important cause – Live below the line. You can listen to a short moving and inspirational video in which he relays his experience of what it was like to live below the line of poverty.
Please take a moment out of your busy schedule to watch this video.