Vikas Kumar, in The Economic Times, has written an excellent article on talented employees. Read it here.
A few quotes:
- instead of you choosing your employee – and this one’s going to be pretty hard for most HR heads and CEOs to swallow – the brightest get to choose, or reject you.
- Welcome to the world of employer branding, the intersection of the principles of marketing and brand building and the rigour of HR practices.
- Our relationships with past employees are important, and they’re our brand ambassadors.
- Building a powerful employer brand calls for more than just aggressive hiring practices, and companies are yet to realise the full potential of the concept.
- Though he sees it as an HR initiative, Ramkumar believes that the job of articulating the brand positioning should be seen as a top management job. Hence the CEO’s involvement is critical.
- The war for talent is no longer limited to the most senior people in the organisation. It’s about getting people at all levels, and providing them with the best opportunities.