Understanding what it means to be an Adaptive Leader
FutureFit Leadership clarifies the changing context for leaders and explores what it means to be a ‘futurefit leader’. Drawing on TomorrowToday’s extensive international exposure and experience, what is changing, why it is changing and the consequences of that this change, is explored, all within the specific context of the participants business / industry. In TomorrowToday we believe that leadership is always ‘context specific’ and so this is an important foundation from which to have a further and deeper ‘leadership conversation’. Several helpful contextual frameworks are provided in this section of the workshop.
What this means for leadership is thoroughly unpacked through exploring four specific futurefit leadership attributes or ‘understandings’
1. Understanding how our ‘seeing’ impacts on our interpretation and judgements
2. Understanding the importance of frameworks in a world of paradox
3. Understanding the importance and ‘rules’ around connectivity in a connected world
4. Understanding the need for adaptability and agility
This workshop in built on tested, world-class input (theory) as well as powerful experiential learning and participative exercises. These are tailored to suit the needs and objectives of the day and are where the customisation occurs.
As a result of this workshop participants will:
- Understand the importance of context in shaping the leadership agenda in both how they think about and practice leadership
- Have several practical frameworks / models from which to interpret the exponentially changing global and local context
- Have a practical leadership framework and tools to apply to their own leadership practice
- Understand the importance of organisational culture in the quest to be a futurefit organisation and their role / responsibility in shaping that culture
- Understand the important distinction between a technical challenge and an adaptive challenge and how to identify and respond to adaptive challenges in the future
- Understand why learning is fundamental to being an effective leader and what this ‘learning’ looks like at both a personal and organisational level
- Feel motivated to be curious and how to build curiosity as a personal leadership habit
- Learn the skills involved in critical thinking and how to ask the ‘right’ questions
- Experience an adaptive challenge and through this learn just how difficult it is to both recognising and lead through such challenges
- Identify the skills needed for adaptive intelligence and how to develop the ‘DNA of adaptive intelligence’ within their team / organisation
Either as a half –day or full day workshop.
(Our recommendation is a full day workshop that would allow for the experiential learning exercise to be incorporated).
Best suited for:
- Those in leadership – as an Executive and / or senior leadership breakaway / strategic planning session
- For Leadership Development Programmes – participants being groomed for future leadership roles